In Biology we started with the new topic: Respiration. Here’s an activity of it
- The uses of energy in our body are:
- for cells to contract our muscles in order to be able to move our body.
- energy is used in reactions that produce different molecules.
- to build up larger molecules from smaller ones.
- to produce heat to keep their body temperature steady and constant.
- cell division, to repair damaged tissue.
- to move substances across cell membranes up their concentration gradient (active transport).
- to transmit nerve impulses.
3. Anaerobic respiration produces an oxygen debt. This is the amount of oxygen needed tooxidise lactic acid to carbon dioxide and water. The existence of an oxygen debt explains why we continue to breathe deeply and quickly for a while after exercise.