In our History class, we had to answer some question from a video about the Manchurian Crisis.
1. How does the video open? What might the connection between the League and the opening scenes in Poland be?
The video opens with the beginnig of the second world war, the League of Nations since the 1930’s started to fail. That’s how the war began.
2. What problems did Japan face? (Mention ALL of them)
Japan also suffered the depression of USA, it was an isolated country and had a lot of population. Japan didn’t have natural resources so the goverment had to trade bringing with it unemployment.
3. What was the role of the army in Japan?
The whole role was the strength, it was usefull to show off too.
4. What did army leaders believe Japan needed?
They belived that expanding to east would benefit their country.
5. What was the value of Manchuria?
Manchuria was richer than Japan in natural resources, that’s why they attacked. This would stop the expensive trades and would also bring employment again.
6. What happened at Mudken?
Japan blow up a railway to give a message to China, but china reclaimed the league.
7. What did the League do about it?
The League gave a veredict, that Japan should leave the territorie and that Manchuria should become an semi-independent Nation.
8.What was Japan’s reaction to the decision of the League?
Japan didn’t accept the terms and stayed at Manchuria, this showed the weakness of the league.