In the subject of Language & Literature we have been learning many different linking words. After revising the theory and doing some exercises in the booklet, we split into groups and each made a poster of a group of connectors. Lucila and I worked on the contrast connectors.
Then, we had to prepare some exercises for other students to complete with these words.
- _________ the danger he appeared relaxed.
- I absolutely must see him. __________ it is very painful for me to do so.
- It was an old song. __________ it was a favorite when they performed it.
- She tried to remain cheerful __________ she had failed the test.
- His perspective was unique, ____________ that of anyone else she’d ever met.
- She objected at first, ___________ finally submitted.
- _________ phone numbers are often unlisted and guarded, e-mail addresses are frequently public.
- __________ the odds are remote, this could certainly happen.
- It would just take several hours ___________ to a few minutes.
- __________ her decision not to, she glanced out the window.